View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
JTurner
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Well done on overcoming the incompetent loaders. Nationals next.

LtL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Nice work JT. The first competition is always quite an experience. Congrats on competing and doing well! Do you think you'll compete again soon?
Thanks LtL and Brute. The next opportunity to compete is the Nationals in April but I think I'm going to hold off until next year for them. 2013 will be the last year I'll be able to compete at National level as a Junior and I really want to put a competitive total up and also need the money to get there. So I will compete at any regional meets definitely but they seem few and far between. My main focus right now is to get as much as possible from my training over the next 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I nearly went through the same thing at my first meet. There was a misload but I was lucky enough to catch it. We also had over-zealous spotters. I had to tell them not to come close to me. They tipped one guy sideways where he was trying to rack and he tweaked something.
I'll be checking everything from now on, I didn't want to get back under that bar after the miss, that's the first squat I can remember that I've ever missed and it knocked my confidence for 6! Maths aside, the spotters did a good job through the day and made some good saves.