View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
JTurner
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I'm glad I got out and competed and to be honest the lessons learned were far more valuable than adding a few kg's to my total. It certainly hasn't done anything to put me off competing again, quite the opposite. Also, just received the scorecard and I still managed to post a qualifying total for the nationals, not bad for a first meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What weight had you wanted? I assume 155?

We're glad to have you as a member of the community. You work hard, make no excuses and I always enjoy checking your log to see how the progress is going.
Yup, 155, I didn't even think to check the bar, I only noticed playing back the video after the flight had finished. But regardless of the misload, my form wasn't there on the first. Once I slowed myself down and stopped rushing it all fell into place.

Thanks BtB .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Also - it looks like on the squat you just rest your clenched hands on the top of the bar - may I ask why, out of curiosity?
The lower few fingers are around the bar but I use the base of my thumb to push against the bar. Whenever I've used a full grip my wrist's start going under the bar and take a beating along with my elbows.