View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
BtB told me to post my results in the PL section, I was hoping to post some better results but still, this is the write up from my log.
First off, congratulations for stepping out and trying a meet.

Quote:
155kg x F! (Looking back at video it's actually 165kg)
What weight had you wanted? I assume 155?

Quote:
Overall, today was a huge learning experience and I can guarantee that my next meet will be a lot more successful. I could make plenty of excuses but they won't change anything, I know what I have to work on and I'll just come back stronger.
One of the things I personally try to get across to first time competitors is to not worry about numbers. Get in, learn, decide if you want to do it again, and then apply what you've learned.

Quote:
Finally, thanks to everyone at MAB. I'm not massively active here but I do enjoy reading a lot of logs and interesting threads and have received some great advice. It's the only forum that I have made it passed 20 posts on and that I still visit and without the members here I can guarantee I would still be sat here telling myself that I will compete one day.
We're glad to have you as a member of the community. You work hard, make no excuses and I always enjoy checking your log to see how the progress is going.

Again, congrats! You did something most will never do

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote