View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #503
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

50/50, a comedy drama about a guy who gets cancer. A moving but thought provoking comedy at the same time in regards to how people around the person with cancer react differently and how the person with cancer approaches the illness through the full range of emotions from acceptance to denial, and so forth. Average film.

Project Nim, about the "scientific" experiment carried out during the 70's on a chimpanzee to see whether they could be taught to communicate. The project director canme to the odd conclusion that the chimp could not communictae because he could only sign words and not utilise grammar, however, that is how the deaf community use sign; they do not use lots of grammar just the necessary words.
I thought it was going to be rubbish but I enjoyed it, to a degree, I didn't enjoy seeing how they tried to humanise a chimp or the manner in which he was treated being pushed from pillar to post; it also highlighted their ignorance in regard to the way they felt they could place Nim in a human societal setting and have him adapt and fit in. His natural primate instincts drove him to act in accord to how he would had he been living with other chimps even though he really hadn't had any contact with any; which was interesting, in itself.