View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I think it's a safe enough endevour. I mean the streeses from squats are probably duplicated in many thing kids do already; like jumping, gymnastics, wrestling, etc.

My only issue is having your kid compete at such a high level at such an early age, especially in a sport where she will reach her peak 20 years from now. Slow down. Teach the kids body control, technique, and be progressive...but don't have them going for maxes at such an early age. I've seen videos of here squatting where her form was absolutely scary, certainly an area that could be addressed before pushing things too hard.
I've seen those videos too. I think someone posted them here and her dad actually registered to respond.

Perhaps I was the critic; I don't recall. But I do remember some of the reps were spotty.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote