Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
So, with all this said, do you believe specialization is worth is? It's not like I won't train heavy bench and squat, but I am simply wondering if limiting squat and bench heavy sessions to once a week would be of benefit in the long run?
In my opinion I wouldn't limit your squats to once a week, limit the volume and absolute weight used for sure but you don't want to ignore the synergy between the two lifts.

Something like Deadlift and assistance done prior to Squat work multiple times a week may work. I'd split it up in various categories and try and include as much work as possible during the week, starting each week off with a maximum pull.

Deadlifts: Deadlift, Deficits, Partials, Chains

Upper back: Chins, Rows, Shrugs

Lower back/posterior: GMs, RDLs, SLDL, Cleans

A bunch of that stuff done numerous times a week might be a good idea. I'm going to PM you some online logs which you might like the look of.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote