Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
I'll be competing for the first time in a BDFPA regional meet Saturday 28th January and just wanted to hopefully get a bit of advice from some of the more experienced members here. I know markievicz is competing for the first time also and might have some questions too.

1. I have a good idea of what my openers will be, numbers that I am confident I can get on any day, good or bad but in terms of attempts 2 and 3 what kind of jump in weight would you advise?

2. This links into the first but should I have all of my attempts planned when I get there and is there likely to be a chance to get the attempts changed if things aren't going as planned?

3. For warm-ups, what goes on? No idea on this, should I have a general idea of my warm-up sets and then each flight warms up together?

That's all I can think of right now but if there's any other advice you think a first timer could use then fire away, it would be much appreciated .
Depends on what your top weight is compared to your openers. Can you give us a rough idea of your openers and your max weights?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote