Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

I will say this, "Strength training doesn't build muscle," as well as bodybuilding training will, in the sense of visual muscle size. As far as fast twitch fibers are concerned, Strength training will build them at an increased rate, hands down.

If you consider muscle just the visible layer of flesh and meat on the bone, then this statement could be believed as true, but if you strive for creating thousands of little fast twitch fibers withing "swole" and "yoked" muscles then strength training can't be beat.

It really just goes by whose side you take on in the on going war between "show muscles" and "Strength muscles".

What I will also say too, is typical strength training is 1-3 reps, but if you go from 5-7 which you can still get stronger using, you can make some size gains. Sometimes you need to change your routine and rep scheme to shock the muscle. Point is muscles without "performance enhancers" will eventually reach there peak size and limit, but those those inner fibers with in will keep on chugging along. Point blank, strength training will build high quality muscle and in time make your bigger, but its priority is strength, why anyone would want to look very strong but be really weak is beyond me tho.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote