UncleSlam
Brawn
Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Heavy as possible
Fav Supp: Raw Beef
UncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality posts

I decided to start 5/3/1 program on monday. Its going to be a 4 day split setup like this;

Mon-Bench Press
Wed-Squat
Fri-Deadlift
Sat-Clean & Press

I will of course do the 3 assistance exercises with the above and for cardio on the off days Im going to do buddy carries, sprints and tire flips. I also made a oath to myself to do more stretching. Ill admit I dont stretch and it shows when I have to climb shit on patrol. So also on the on and off days Im going to do more static stretching.

Ive been watching alot of the old WSM contests from the 80's and 90's dvds I bought. Im thinking of doing some kind of front carries also for cardio too. We are very limited here on items and at the crappy base I do rotations at now its even worse. But thinking of doing Farmer's Walks with filled ammo cans and running with a TOW bar like a Yoke Walk.

Overall I think Im making decent strength gains despite the high intensity missions I do. There is alot of snow on the ground and the Taliban dont do much this time of year historically so now is the time to make gains.
UncleSlam is offline   Reply With Quote