View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

One of the reasons Jim Wendler is among my favorite writers. His points are simple as are his explanations, but the value of his short articles... priceless. Cuts down BS like a chainsaw through butter.

Since moving to the training system I have, its been easy maintain weight and even lose some while eating not the healthiest of choices. Now to be fair, I select healthy over unhealthy, but I'm also not hesitant to crack open a few beers here and there or snack on some doritos. That said my training is hard mentally and physically, many days it take a lot of mental strength to push for those additional sets and when I dead tired add on 10-20 minutes of conditioning. Luckily training is something that I enjoy and among my top priorities in terms of hobbies. Its benefits, among other things, allows me to push through some tough stuff for 2 hours and live my day comfortably feed. No starving, no craving.

As Jim and you guys pointed out, training hard enough is the key in out training a less then 100% perfect diet. And as you guys pointed out, training hard encompasses a lot of things. Pain has to be pushed, but this is the mental pain of hard sets and physical pain brought on by fatigue; not the pain comes from jury - theres no point in doing something that will keep you out of the weight room.

Heavy weight has to be moved, pounds, reps, or sets added on a consistent basis. Perform lifts that effect the entire body, the ones you will sometimes loath doing because of difficulty. Sometype of conditioning should also be added. The specific conditioning doesn't matter or how hard you push it every session, just do something.

Nothing new in this post, but just throwing out my 2 cents because its something that I strongly believe in. Just like the nonsense that "you have to gain weight" to get decently strong, the assumption that diet is everything is a crock. Of course there is give and take to everything, but ends can still meet with a variety of variables.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote