View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBKeith View Post
Wow I never realized the effects of this. Thanks for sharing and letting us all know.
I wouldn't worry too much. BTB said at the start that it was posted for discussion, which is not the same as 'unqualified acceptance'.

You should bear in mind that naturalnews.com (the source of the article) is run by Mike Adams. I'm trying to think of a diplomatic way to describe him. Let's just say that his views are not generally accepted by the medical community, that he is a conspiracy theorist with a bee in his bonnet abut psychiatry, vaccines and Big Pharma.

Just to give you a taste, here's his view of breast awareness week:

Quote:
Because of all this, the symbol of the breast cancer industry in the United States -- the pink ribbon -- is not at all a symbol of compassion or caring. It is not a symbol of empowering women, or educating women about so-called "treatment options." The pink ribbon is a symbol of male-dominated control over women. Turn the pink ribbon upside down, and it looks more like a noose. It is from this noose that innocent women everywhere hang themselves through ignorance, submitting to a treatment system that intentionally denies women access to a world of information that could help them prevent, treat and even cure breast cancer.
I don't know much about artificial sweeteners, but I would take anything written by Mr. Adams with a bucketload of salt.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote