View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #20
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naberious View Post
I like (so far anyway) using a hybrid Keto/Paleo diet... The keto allows me to eat higher fat, due to burning fat rather than carbs, but also limits how many carbs you can have a day if you want to stay in Ketosis... (30g carbs/day or so)

It's essentially the same a Paleo diet, just allows you more food options as long as you keep down the carbs.

Ketosis diets are the principles that the Atkins and South Beach diets are based upon. These diets, however, are made for relatively sedentary people who may do some light exercise here and there... However for bodybuilding it's important not to stay in this state indefinitely. Carb "refeeds" are a must...

Here is a good post on the subject, pretty straightforward and easy to understand

CKD - Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
This approach sounds more reasnable to me. I would hate to cut out eggs, cheese and milk and foods like that. I don't eat much of them, but liek BTB said, lean meats are expensive.