BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Just to clarify, training hard does not equate to pain and pushing past or through pain...your own mental comfort zone or physical comfort zone, maybe, but neither is "pain" related.
I agree with this. A workout should be difficult, it should be physical exterting, you can at times find yourself uncomfortable, but it should not be a painful experience.
That whole no pain no gain idea is 80's movie dogma in my opinion.

In relation to the OP, Wendler is speaking how it is. Yes, it's important to have a good diet, but if you are training your ass off and pushing for progression, you will make gains. This whole idea that your diet has to be spot on perfect or you will fail is an extreme idea or an exagerattion IMO.

However, I understand if you are a legit bodybuilder and need to keep your bf% EXTREMELY low you probably need to have a "perfect" diet.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote