View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #504
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

1-18-12

SSB Squats- 100% raw
45x10
135x10
185x10
225x10

Ez bar curls against mini bands (around bottom of rack and hooked on each end of bar) 2 sets of 10 w/ 30 lb fixed weight. Calling it 30 anyway. Dont know what the ez bar weighs but i'm calling it 10 to make it easy... these felt really good. Constant tension all the way to peak contraction

Squats felt great. I ditched the boots for today and made sure i was keeping the weight on my heels and not letting my center of gravity get too far forward. Had no problem hitting depth without the boots like i used to. Hope thats the case with the straight bar too... knees felt fine, as i made sure everything stayed in line...

Also didnt use the handles to drive up and back. Seems like working the bar like this will help stay upright instead of geting pulled over like i have a tendency to do when i get close to 405...

The iron game is a constant learning process...
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote