View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
not that we shouldn't try, but it's tough to avoid the stuff anymore!
Yeah, that's a fact! Unless you go out and kill the beef, you can't even be sure the monsters haven't loaded that with sweetners either, not that it needs it but that doesn't deter them.

Then we have a host of people saying that it's not possible to consume enough to cause issues and I reckon we're all smart enough to know that even a minute amount can be a trigger for some people.

One kid had terrible migraines from the age of 4; no way to control them with meds and the parents were at their wits end, then they took him off hotdogs (his favourite food, which speaks volumes) and found it was the nitrates (??) in them that was causing the headaches...I may have already mentioned that on here before, but it seemed appropriate to bring it up again. the thing is, the docs just kept giving him migraine meds, he kept suffering even with the meds and his parents did not know what to do and the kid himself drew pictures of wanting to die (at the age of 4) which I can sympathise with due to the pain and not feeling there is any way out but knowing that it will just keep happening week after week.