Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckvvv View Post
How many of you started off with a personal trainer when you first started? I do not think I need one since I lifted in high school, but my wife suggested it.
Well I guess it depends on how long ago it was that you "Lifted in High School" and what that actually entailed. Most of us in high school just benched and did curls for the girls and didn't have an f-ing clue about program design and what it took to see results or reach a goal.

There have been several advances in exercise science and program design, so if high school was before 1997, and all you did was follow routines in Muscle and Fitness and Flex magazines, then I'd recommend it.

But as the others have mentioned, find one that has multiple certifications, possibly a college degree in exercise science, and a reference list of successful clients with similar goals to your own.

And in full disclosure, yes I am a personal trainer.

Good Luck,

Dave

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote