Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I was finally able to get my 2nd session in. This was of course my first time deadlifting with the Romaleos. They made the lift more difficult, but in a good way, sort of like doing a small deficit deadlift. I also had to make some adjustments with hip position. At first I thought the reason the lifts felt heavy was just me, but I'm positive it was the shoes as I was very well rested and fed. There was no reason at all for my CNS not to be ready to go. With that said, the deadlifts felt more natural and more comfortable. Once again, once I was in position, my feet were going nowhere. Stability is just incredible.

This was the 2nd time squatting with the shoes, and thhe squats felt much more comfortable. The two main, and most important, benefits of wearing the weightlifting shoes is that they allow me to sit back easily and really instill a major injection of confidence into me. In doing so, they also make the squat feel more difficult to me, but as with the deads, in a good way by helping me naturally improve my technique without me having to think too much about it. Now that i can sit back automatically, I can focus on other things.

In addition, that little spot on my right foot just below my toes, felt much better this time. This tells me that the shoes need a little bit of breaking in.

Overall, I cannot really think of anything bad about the Romaleos, outside of maybe the price. However, when I compare them to my day to day trainers I wear that cost me $120.00, the $200.00 for these shoes look like a bargain. In addition, how can you put a price on much improved technique and confidence.

Here are the vids:

Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote