View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks for the insights Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjduke View Post

A shoulder width and narrow stance may make your upper body come forward and put nearly all the weight onto the lower back and remove much of the weight from the knee.
I am pretty narrow-stanced right now. I would say about shoulder width. I have brought my stance out a few inches these last few years. this might help fro a frame of reference.

Quote:
Therefore: shoulder width stance with parallel feet removes nearly all stress from the knee. But, alas, you may be only be able to squat to above parallel or if we have the particular leverages to parallel and maybe even below parallel.
I have tried it an was pretty darn high my first go around.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote