View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Knee Tendinitis from Squats

Talking this over with Off Road and LtL this morning so I am tossing it into a thread.

Frequent 90% squatting is working wonders for me but I am also picking up a bit of knee tendinitis. I fear this will soon turn into major knee tendinitis. I understand this is from a form flaw. Here's the way I am looking at my current squatting situation. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I think my squat form is very good. Not perfect of course, but good. I work on it every week, and have had several of you comment in person that it's solid. We all know that form is a work in progress.

In using frequent 90% squats I am bound to accumulate bad reps. This is simply the law of averages. I believe these bad reps are the cause of the tendinitis.

What I am trying to do is solve this problem before it gets worse. I am considering 2 options:

1) Wide (or wider) stance box squats.
2) Dropping my frequency of 90% training down to once a week, or once every 2 weeks.

Thoughts? Comments? Swift kicks in the ass? Free food?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links