Thread: Too much sugar
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
jasonjduke
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie828 View Post
My husband drinks coffee like crazy, and has to add sugar to it and milk. Well he is getting too much sugar in his diet. What are some good alternatives to making his coffee taste better without so much sugar?
I love coffee with cream and sugar, but I also like it black - here is how I do it.

Buy dark brown sugar - very rich tasting and it matches coffee well. You need less, plus it actually has nutrition in it to counteract the sugar. Actually if you bake and use sugar in any of your cooking always use dark brown sugar or add molasses as it contains a good amount of B vitamins and other important nutrients naturally found in sugar cane. I find adding a good amount of wheat germ to any homemade sweets makes them much better - almost like your not eating junk food - almost.

Do not use a paper filter as it adds a bitter note to coffee. Try a french press with a metal filter - it has a slightly richer taste and a bit more sweetness.

Switch to cream instead of milk. A little goes a lot futher than milk.

Last edited by jasonjduke; 01-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote