View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
jasonjduke
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth78 View Post
My workouts have started to bore me. I have been lifting for about a year. What do you do to help keep boredom at bay?
Know your goals - these can be in line with your dreams. But get honest to goodness advice concerning your training experience.

You should change your routine every 4-12 weeks. Every program you develop must plan for short term progression. Change up the sets/reps and/or exercise selection and order. Consider what you want and who you are and make your selection based on what you know. On the other hand weight lifting teaches us who we are and what we are made of.

Change it up and force yourself to adapt. This is key.

I do all that and imagine that I am an Iron Warrior who must get stronger and more powerful to one day fight the Iron Dragon.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote