T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

There is a lot of hate, verbal violence and abuse out there. And little remains unscathed. A simple story of a child's birthday party can elicit ugly, ugly comments. Whatever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

The internet has empowered a lot of mediocre people to proclaim superiority and denounce others. These are little, little people. (See, I'm even doing it myself.)

Most adults have the ability to ignore the hate, but a child or adolescent craves support and approbation. They want to fit in, they want to be liked. When they come under attack from hate-filled sh*theads (even in the spirit of a joke) I feel it can truly scar them.

Communication between parent and child along with monitoring what they do is a 21st century responsibility our parents didn't have to face (at least not on this level).

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote