Old 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Beast
Brawn
Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat
Beast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributor

No access to the gym this last couple of days due to work. I'm an emergency responder so this occasionally happens - when it does I throw in mini sessions of burpees, pistols, press ups and pull ups whenever I can to tide me over.

As I haven't been able to lift or grapple for two days I felt a little tense, and decided to do something a bit different.

Saturday 7th January 2012

Perform one set of squats, then set the clock running.
Immediately perform one set of bench press.
Within 45-60 seconds perform the next set of squats and repeat.

Squat (Shoulder width stance, ass to the grass)

150kgs/330lbs x 15 sets of 2

Close Grip Decline Bench Press

80kgs/176lbs x 15 sets of 2

Afterwards...

Neck Harness
20kg x 25, 25

Standing ab Rope Curl
Stack x 20, 20

This was brutal and the most enjoyable day I've had in the gym in ages. I've been inspired by the log of Trevor Lane on this board and bought the Chaos and Pain e book as a result. I know the training style probably isn't for everyone but it struck a chord with me.

Tomorrow is the last day of my feeler week, so I will try another CnP style session and then decide on the next few months training.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links