View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naberious View Post
It takes a whole hell of a lot to get me motivated enough to start doing something, let alone post about it in conjunction... I'm the typical lazy bastard that used to hit the gym 3 days a week, eat "healthy" when I felt like it and drink like it was my job... However, last week I stumbled across a little blog by Jamie Lewis a.k.a Mr. Chaos and Pain, and for the first time in years, i was intrigued by what I saw in terms of a workout program and diet.

I was sick of the cookie cutter diet and exercise plans like the ones plastered all over M&F or any other magazine, promising huge gains and massive weight loss over the 3-4 week period the workout was based around. They were all variations of the same principle; eat good shit, do moderate exercise, and you will see results; which is true, and great for joe blow gymgoer, but I wanted more from my workouts, and had all but given up in my search for enlightenment.
Welcome to the forum. Always good to have another ex-Weiderite.

I've been exploring (and somewhat using) more of a carbs from only fruits and veggies type of a diet myself the last month. It seems to make a hell of a lot of sense, and I'm not sure why it took me so long to "get it."

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your progress. Hit it hard. You'll get nothing but encouragement here.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote