The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Why the infatuation with 6 pack abs? No one has ever heard these words, " Hey great abs, can you open this jar for me?" or " Wow, what a six pack, can you help me move some furniture?" As the other's have said, the appearance of abs are more a result of diet than anything else. Focus on getting stronger, eat right and sleep right and then you may have the best of both worlds... great looking abs and strength.
Now I want a 6 pack so I can grip a jar with it and open it...

To quote a grumpy old man, "Whats the point of a 6 pack if you don't have the ice chest to put it in". Diet will get your body fat down low enough for them to be seen, weighted ab work will help make your abs grow enough to look impressive. I certainly wouldn't go over 3 times a week on abs, and I would be sure to do the big movements like squats and deadlifts to get your body into a state where it wants to add muscle to stay alive.