View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I've only seen a couple of strongman events in person. They had barbells off to the side for the guys to warm-up with. Mostly there was a light bar and a medium bar that the guys were using, I didn't see any weight changing going on.

But the event was a 550 lb deadlift for max reps. Nick Best was the guest judge at the competiton and he walked up cold to the 550 lb bar and kicked out a quick 15 reps like it was a warm-up. BEAST!

They also had a couple of loaded barbells for the guys to use before the Press competition. I did see some plate changing on those. Then they started the Press competiton with a 220 lb log and moved up from there.

For other events like Farmers and Yolk Walks they'd load it up and the guys would do a bunch of picks with the weight.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote