View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default Strongman competition warm-up?

This is a question for the guys that take part in Strongman events, or have taken part in them.

I sat watching the WSM 2011 and when they came to the deadlift which I think started at 340kg (feel free to correct that), I wondered if they did warm-up lifts due to the starting weight load being so high...and at that point the commentator just happened to mention that they warm-up prior to the event.

So, my question is, what sort of a warm-up would that look like (percentage wise etc) and what kind of equipment do they have access to (would they have a barbell of exact dimensions, if they were expected to pull an axle in the deadlift etc) , and how far ahead of their turn would they have to finish their warm-ups?

I figured that if it they had to warm-up and wait around, the warm-up would be pointless, necessary but they'd lose some of the benefits...so, I'm kinda curious, and it will help others that are considering Strongman events, as well.

Thanks guys.