View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #32
jasonjduke
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

I see it personally in my own crazy way.

The haters are mere phantasms of our own fear that we must overcome to grow and be strong. Wherever you find them, on a forum, in the gym or in your own very heart, listen intently and see the truth of failure and self-defeat. Be reminded that you will not succumb to such a state. Defeat them in mind. In a timeless place, if your intentions in training are noble and compassionate, you are an Iron Hero - fearless and in love with the Iron. To grow strong and powerful is a privilege only we allow of ourselves. Destroy the illusion of what you are not.

In time these phantasms will be destroyed before they manifest. We, you and I, are of a dying breed of trainee. You are the embodiment of pure honest strength earned with every drop of sweat. Your muscles are true and this power that you earn will never be lost - know this.

Become a Saint of Iron and show the world its true magic with the love of every rep and every pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I keep my head up because I only care about reaching those who want help. Some people simply don't want to work hard; they prefer to stay on forums and call themselves a hardgainer, talking people into programs that never worked for them in the first place.
So very true. For every ounce of bloody honest effort you put forth is a golden ounce of success won. Soon, it will add up to something you can see. And eventually it will become your castle.

I once believed I was a hardgainer. It was a time of fear and failure. It was a place of disgust and animosity. This is an illusion too, for in the beginning many things can be against you - it merely means you have more potential to be greater than you could imagine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The second thing I learned about lifting is to surround myself with people that are working hard, and who are stronger and bigger than me. They will crush my dogma and challenge me to face my weaknesses.
There are so few us - we mustn't lose our way. So much depends on us...

Last edited by jasonjduke; 01-04-2012 at 12:49 AM.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote