View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

One thing I have learned over the years is that life is to short to worry about detractors. Wesley Silveira taught me to enter a debate, have your say, and leave. I rarely look back at advice threads after I have spoken my mind, simply because I know there is a good chance it turned into a 20 page thread where someone is trying to make me look like an idiot.

I keep my head up because I only care about reaching those who want help. Some people simply don't want to work hard; they prefer to stay on forums and call themselves a hardgainer, talking people into programs that never worked for them in the first place.

The second thing I learned about lifting is to surround myself with people that are working hard, and who are stronger and bigger than me. They will crush my dogma and challenge me to face my weaknesses.

Life is simply too short to deal with the mass of haters. We have a limited time on earth. We can spend it building or destroying.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote