View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Its January 2nd and the haters are out in full force.
Welcome to the brave new world where cynicism and personal attacks are the shield and sword of empowerment.

Quote:
Today I have been accused of roiding
Sign you are doing something right. Check.

Quote:
bad form
Sign your form is correct, thus angering the bros and making them feel inferior. Check.

Quote:
ignorance
You lack scientific studies and the appropriate dogma. Check.

Quote:
being fat
You're not after abzors. Check.

Quote:
washed up
You don't want to look like Zyzz. Check.

Quote:
And a lot of this comes from the personal trainers.
Not surprisingly. Nothing against trainers, as this speaks towards anyone in the niche, but some people value being right more than they value results.

Don't feel bad Brute. I am fat, an idiot, lacking scientific backing for my recommendations, don't use strict intermittent fasting, don't know the studies, don't want six pack abs, and don't know the latest bodybuilding trends.

All I have is a 600 pound deadlift, 500 pound squat, 400 pound bench, 300 pound overhead press, 200 pound one arm row and 20 inch arms.

Not trying to return the hate, but I do want to reassure you that you are not alone. Every day on forums I see the tools we use here condemned, laughed at, poked and prodded. Ignore it, listen to your body and keep working hard in the gym on form and strength.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote