Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Ricka's Road to Tough Mudder VT 2012

So here I go... I needed a new way to keep myself motivated. So I signed up for the Tough Mudder 2012 event in Vermont.

What is Tough Mudder? It is an obstacle course, that was originally thought up a by few former British Special Forces members. They say it's, "Probably the toughest event on the planet".. I say it's ridiculous.. Either way, it is a challenge, and I will succeed. There are events all over the world, I am competing in the New England challenge, as mentioned, it's in VT at Mt Snow.

I have exactly 4 months to get ready. That started today, and will be finished 4 days early, so I can rest up and get mentally prepared. Last year, 17% failed to complete. It's not a race, finishing is the victory all participants are seeking. It's about 10 miles, 3-5 hours long, and will test every angle of my body and mind.

Here is the TM site. You can see some videos, and also check out a course map with some of the obstacles. Running through fire, carrying a 75# log up and down a ski hill, crawling under barbed wire, randomly greased monkey bars, just to name a few, finishing with a run through a gauntlet of hanging live wires, some up to 10,000 volts.

My routine is a 5 x 5 customized for my personal progression. I've been testing it for a couple of weeks, making tweaks and getting it right. Technically it started today, January 1st, 2012! I don't think I ever willingly went to the gym to run on a Sunday, but I will not accept a day of the week as an excuse to not train. I missed Thurs and Fri, so I went yesterday and today.

Monday and Thrusday = Back, Shoulders, Traps - 3 moves for back and shoulders, just shrugs for traps.

Tuesday and Friday = Chest, Triceps, Biceps - 2 moves for each, along with a burn-out/drop-set finisher for each as well.

Wednesday = Legs - Squats and Stiff Deads

I'll start with a 5 x 5, progress up to 7 x 7, then will reset to 5 x 5 with higher weights. Moves can be rotated every 2-3 weeks to keep things fresh.

I'm light on leg work, because I will be running after each weight session. I'm working my way up to 5 miles non-stop. Also throwing in some sprints to increase VO2 max.

Diet is low cal, light on carbs. Lots of eggs, chicken, fish, ham, cheese.

Supps will be fairly basic - Multi-V, Fish Oil, Cordygen5, Roxylean(on and off), and VPX Powershock for an amino boost pre and intra workout. Pre-Wo gets 1.5g PLCAR as well. Post-WO is 50/50 milk/water protein shake.

I'll add in any other details, along with body stats later. But this it for now. It's a long ways away, but I'm going to do this, nothing in my way.

.........ready....set......GO!
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links