View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #24
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I can tell you from experience that this is a hard thing to get accross to people. Everybody tends to gather into camps and throw stones at other's ideas. I tend to keep things simple and the advice I give is also simple. For this reason everybody thinks I'm anti-everything-else, but I am not. I just have my prefered methods and experiences and like to share those. But just like MAB, I'm open to gathering knowledge from wherever it may come from. This place is a jewel when it comes to different ideas being welcomed and valued.
Some people can't understand the concept that a weight is a weight is a weight, if that makes sense.

As you say the "camps" are split, very often, even though, if a female prefers to lift a kettlebell (which seems to be common) they are still lifting weight. I'd rather see a female lift 2 x 24kg KBs and be lifting weight than never lift a weight because the only thing deemd correct to lift (by some) is a barbell.

PS: the female, kettlebell scenario is just an analogy but it does seem that kettlebells don't appear so alien to females, in general; it might be because they aren't yet associated with bulky muscles or at least to their knowledge.