View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I can tell you from experience that this is a hard thing to get accross to people.
We've had our share of bodybuilders leave. It is hard to watch, but I am grateful for the guys like Emeka and Rich who have stuck around.

At the end of the day I personally don't care how anyone trains as long as they are working hard and progressing. The biggest challenge with lifting sites is that the vast majority of people are novices and aren't making any real progress at all (MAB excluded), so the advice is almost continually...simplify, basics, simplify, basics.

This advice can be taken out of context and interpreted as meaning that intermediate and advanced bodybuilders should train this way as well (Fullbody, dumping most isolations), or that splits or advanced training techniques are useless.

What is also almost always lost is the fact that 90% of people on boards (MAB excluded) are recreational lifters and don't want to look like Ronnie Coleman. They simply want to bench 3 wheels and add 15 pounds of muscle.

Personally, when I find a lifter not making results and focused on the wrong things, I simplifying. I get them on the basics, and focused on progression. I think this is the right thing to do for several reasons which we have explored many times elsewhere.

But, when I find a lifter that is making progression and using the big lifts (like T-Bone), if they want to play around with 4 day splits I help them.

I will also say that if a novice on this board was being trained by an experienced bodybuilder on this board I would leave them alone. I don't care if this is a 6 day double split, seriously. As long as they are working hard, progressing and having fun then have at it.

Long post, sorry folks.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote