Old 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
I'd personally drop down to between 6-8 reps as it gets pretty difficult to keep the bar in place for that many reps/sets and your already lifting a lot less weight than you would be with the back squat. If you go with 6 reps, you can probably add a 6th set if you wish for a little more volume. The 6-8 will allow some more weight on the bar too. I've found the closer I am to my back squat, the more I get out of the front squat. So keeping the 5/3/1 mentality of assistance... 6-8 should do you well.

Thats just me though... 5x10 is certainly doable but may require starting pretty darn light.
This is my thinking. I know last time I used them I tried to stick with the 5x10 approach and it's probably the reason I stopped too. Thanks again for the advice Pull.

As for deadlift day, it's a toss up between BBB deads and sticking with good mornings. I'm leaning towards BBB deads as I've never used them before, it would be interesting to see how the deadlift volume affects my overall strength. It's been a while since I hit 10 reps for deadlifts.