View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Pull14
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Thanks Pull. I completely forgot about front squats, haven't used them in quite some time and they've been a favourite in the past. Would you still go for the 5x10 with these?
I'd personally drop down to between 6-8 reps as it gets pretty difficult to keep the bar in place for that many reps/sets and your already lifting a lot less weight than you would be with the back squat. If you go with 6 reps, you can probably add a 6th set if you wish for a little more volume. The 6-8 will allow some more weight on the bar too. I've found the closer I am to my back squat, the more I get out of the front squat. So keeping the 5/3/1 mentality of assistance... 6-8 should do you well.

Thats just me though... 5x10 is certainly doable but may require starting pretty darn light.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote