Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Dingo
New Brawn
Points: 660, Level: 13 Points: 660, Level: 13 Points: 660, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Milk
Dingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality postsDingo has made some quality posts

First of all thank you everyone, Fazc, BendtheBar and Off Road, for your feedback, suggestions and encouragement. I am so happy I found this forum.

Quote:
(BendtheBar) If you were really weak at chins and wanted to improve I would have you use them more frequently.
I think I'll start doing some morning exercises which will include chins, and keep at it until I eventually feel it interfers with my training days. My thoughts however is that if I keep it light enough it will only aid recovery to do a few bodyweight movements in the morning.

Also, in regards to the "heavy" chins on friday;
Quote:
(Fazc) In regards to the Chins, just a rep goal and perform as many sets needed. Over the weeks you can do more per set.
Thanks for this suggestion, I think a total rep goal w/ "unplanned sets" sounds like a good idea. It also allows me to go to max on my first set to check my progress every week.

Any ideas on how a decent starting rep goal and a progression for this goal should be calculated? I'm thinking 20-25 as a starting point, equivalent to four or five times my current one set max. Too little? Too much? Any thoughts?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote