View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
could you name some examples? (hypothetical) this is interesting to me and always has been, but i don't know much about that level of training development.
Well, my nephew started lifting for footbal with a basic program and didn't run into any slow-downs until he was squatting and pulling over 550 lbs and pressing over 250 lbs. That shows that he's wired for strength but doesn't really have an impressive physique beyond just being massively huge. He now competes in strongman events. Meanwhile I'm working my ass off to get to a 500 squat and deadlift. I am NOT wired for strength. Others will find it extremely easy to build mass and start piling it on in gobs on their way to building their base. It won't take too long to tell if you are one of the lucky ones if you stick to a good program.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote