Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I think people under estimate just how strong you need to get before you have the size where you look visibly muscular.

Take a look at Emeka from this forum, the man is stacked! And he's very strong to boot. Jslep is the same way, most others are too. Just having a basic level of strength will NOT look impressive unless you have a very low bodyfat.

Squats and deadlifts of around 300 just aren't going to lead to an impressive level if development, despite being stronger than most people in the gym. That really is just a reflection on the extremely poor standards in most gyms.
so are you suggesting that bodyfat will have more impact on your appearance of muscularity than rep/set schemes?

it is my understanding that the low rep for strength, high rep for hypertrophy has been pretty universally accepted. am i incorrect?

like you said, someone that can lift very heavy weight may not "appear" to be able to do so because of this. also, the lifter that is very muscular, no matter his bodyfat, may not be as strong. considering this is what let me to ask my original question.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote