View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Well, I started out doing 6-day BBing splits when I was 16. I was definitely under-eating at the time, but I still think it was the wrong way to go.

I would have to be honest and say that any BBing base should be built on a pure strength base. Squats, DL, OH Press, Rows and to a lesser degree, bench press.

You could work up to an impressive strength level, then add reps at that stage (similar to Bulldozer) and THEN worry about "shaping." I think if you're not close to a BW of 200 lbs, then what are you shaping?

After a more basic break-in (like Starting Strength), I really like the MadCow 5x5 format, so something similar to that would be my suggestion.
I like that approach to HLM as well. I think instead of going a isolation-style light day, if I were to design a HLM, light day would be a backoff...maybe moreso them Starr.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote