View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I think it's a fine program to start with for beginners. I don't think it's perfect and I think there are other great programs out there to consider. I am not a fan of squatting 3 times a week and I also don't really care for power cleans. But a lot of people do fine with it.
I side with Off Road on a few things. I do not personally like squatting 3x a week. I prefer squats, deads and squats. I also don't generally program in power cleans for novices.

Point is there are dozens of similar variations are only small degrees away from Starting Strength that would work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote