View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Until last year I was very weak off the floor and very weak on rack pulls. One thing that helped me specifically was working on getting as strong as possible on rows.

I worked on getting my Pendlay's and dumbbell rows up while also concentrating on heavy high pull singles and the payoff for me was huge. Now I am stronger off the floor than I am locking out.

Overall my advice is to get stronger on everything. If you can Pendlay row 365 or one arm dumbbell row 200 for reps you will be stronger off the floor.

Nothing magical about this. With that said, far too many people treat back work like a second class citizen. Start exploding some weight off the floor. It might not be a cure all, but it certainly won't hurt.

Power and speed from the floor

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-25-2011 at 03:00 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote