View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuse2 View Post
Thanks BTB,
Let ask you a question about my overhead presses. I am standing. I bring the weight to my chest and press up, then let it down behind my neck, then press up and let it down to my chest again. I am calling that one rep. Is this to much or am I ok with it?
That's 2 reps. Every time to bar goes above your head, count a rep.

Doing it this way is fine, but eventually you will find that you might be stronger pressing behind the neck. And without using a cage, the weight might become unruly, so over time you might need to sit to do these.

I would stick with what you're doing as long as you're progressing in weight. But if you start to notice that one of the pressing movements is failing while the other feels strong, then I would make a change.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote