View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
any times in the past that my technique is actually quite good.

I want to do a basic barbell routine like starting strength / practical programming but I don't want to do power cleans.
I know that «you shouldn't F* with the program» but seriously, I'd appreciate your thoughts and what's the actual reason for not doing this(apart from the fact that it would be blasphemy).
I know it is blasphemy but I have no issue with the dropping of power cleans.

Quote:
I've been considering doing this:
Mon: Squats, Presses(alternate bench/oh), barbell rows
Wed: Squats, Presses(alternate bench/oh), Deadlifts
Fri: Squats, Presses(alternate bench/oh), chins/pull-ups (max)
That's pretty close to several variations I have pieced together. I like it.

Quote:
there is probably a reason why we do two different presses
Yes, several reasons. I big one is training balance and shoulder girdle health.

Quote:
I intuitively feel I should do two equivalent pulling movements?
In my opinion it's a good idea. Think in terms of pushing and pulling planes. The bench and row are on the same plane. The OHP and pullups are on the same plane. I think this balance is good to have in a program, to some degree.

Quote:
However doing chins daily might not be realistic once I'm on a heavy program. What are your thoughts on this?
If you were really weak at chins and wanted to improve I would have you use them more frequently.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote