Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
This makes no sort of sense to me. How can a ''true measure" of your maximum performance be when you're already fatigued? It isn't. It's your best whilst in a fatigued state.
Adrenaline does wonders my friend. So does the need to perform when put on the spot. Plenty of people break PRs at comps.

Playing just about every sport growing up, and playing multiple seasons at the same time, I've had first hand experience with fatigue and adrenaline. Sometimes fatigue will get the best of you, but if you have the desire to go all out, a "little" bit of fatigue ain't gonna stop you. I don't want to say that I find fatigue to be mostly a mental thing, because I know that's not necessarily true, but at the same time I do want to say that fatigue is mostly mental. If that makes any sense.

Coming in fresh sounds nice in theory, and it makes sense, but it doesn't always play out to be optimal. And I believe we can all relate to that, even if its in small measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Why?
Because its sloppy, mostly.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 12-23-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote