Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

I had this come up today. I wanted to keep going up in weight on partial squats but there was just the tiniest tinge in my right hamstring. I didn't feel confident about moving up any more because the fear of injury would have been in the back of my mind.

One thing I learned playing football is that when you hold back you're just asking to get hurt. You have to let loose and go all out all the time. All it takes is one tackle or block where you hold back and things get twisted, pulled and sprained pretty quickly.

I also believe in not attempting a lift you don't think you can do. In the last few weeks I've been able to set some new PR's, and not once have I failed a lift. I could have kept moving up until I failed, but that wasn't the goal. The goal is to get stronger, not to keep going until I hurt myself.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote