View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
vcjha
New Brawn
Points: 458, Level: 9 Points: 458, Level: 9 Points: 458, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

vcjha is off to a bad start

Yesterday was lower body day. I did the deload as advised by Steve.

Squats: 235 for 3 sets of 7. I was pretty surprised as I thought 7 reps would be easy with 7 requiring some effort. Turns out 7 reps was pretty close to failure, if not, was to failure. I have a very hard time deciphering between one and another because I am wired now to train until I cannot do another rep with perfect form, sometimes with not so perfect form lol. Keep in mind I've usually done 5 reps with 265, so I have to say I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

Stiff-legged deadlift: 265 for 7 reps for 3 sets. This has stayed constant, hasn't changed one bit. A bit disappointed.

Calves, have stayed constant at 1 plate on each side for any exercise. For this, I could probably add 2 1/2 lb on each side but forget to. That's my fault.

Barbell curls: 70 lb for 6 reps. Constant, again. Disappointed again.

I will say that I have not followed the routine very well. I finally figured out today that I've been doing deadlifts twice a week and have probably done the friday workout three times since I've posted here. That means I've been doing Tuesday's workout twice each week. I'm pretty mad at myself for not catching this sooner and I think Steve might be mad at me too.
vcjha is offline   Reply With Quote