View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
My bad grades only came from not doing homework. While always succeeding on tests, homework brought the C's and D's.
I can relate to this. It was the story of my high school and college years. Ni discipline.

Quote:
The next month I found out I had received a scholarship which helped a lot and almost made me cry.
That's awesome news Davis.

Quote:
The summer months went by. I got stronger. I could now squat around 330 pounds if my technique was on and I was feeling strong. My bench had gone up about 15-20 pounds since May. It was all very nice. Deadlift up about 20-25. I could have done better, but one thing I learned was how to grind things out. Though, I still hadn't learned enough.
But, you had learned a lot more than most. 330 in that time is great work.

Quote:
I didn't know how to play piano. I only knew how to play notes on paper.
Trying to teach this concept to my daughter who plays cello. Telling her to forget notes and play the music in her head.

Quote:
Ok, so you're thinking, "What is he saying?". If I had never learned to persevere, I would have switched majors. I seriously considered giving up on what I wanted to do the most. I've learned to really grind out a rep til I get it or just can't at all. I learned to push harder than I think I can. To do better than what I thought was possible.
This statement sums up lifting for me, and most of us here. It's so much more than a workout.

Well said.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote