View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor

I think this diet would be benficial for the average joe that doesnt want to really count macronuitrients or calories. However IMO just because you are eating fruits and veggies as your carb source will not lead to leaner gains. For the most part it is the overall carbohydrates and calories for the day and week. As long as enough fiber is taken in from the carbohydrates and they are not all sugar(I like a 1:4 ratio of sugar in the carb source) it doesnt matter. 150 calories from fruit is still 150 calories from whole grains. Also what about fructose not being all that efficent at restoring glycogen levels? I would much rather something else taken or added pre/post workout. I am not down playing the importance of fruits and veggies in the diet at all!

Last edited by MattB; 01-16-2010 at 12:29 AM.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote