View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
Casey Butt
New Brawn
Points: 3,198, Level: 34 Points: 3,198, Level: 34 Points: 3,198, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Casey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributorCasey Butt is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
this has been my first week on the reeves routine.I am finding it a bit hard, towards the end of the workout I have just about no energy.

is it the first 4 exercises (squat,rows/deads,press and bench )that will give most of the reslults ?
Yes, by far. In fact, just those four alone would be an excellent, sustainable, full-body workout for many people.

Most people can't simply jump into all-out full-body training, especially if they're accustomed to split routines (which are, by nature, easier), or are out-of-shape beginners. It takes a period of gradually building up the weights to adapt comfortably to full-body training.

Don't start off with your max weights. Use weights that don't kill you, stop all your sets a rep or two short of failure and use very strict form. Over time (a period of weeks to months), add weight gradually and push your sets harder as a natural course of "evolution". You don't need to train to failure anyway - it's much better to start any routine with something left in the tank and get what used to be called a "gaining momentum" going by taking it easier at first. You can work "comfortably" hard, but not "all-out" hard at first.

Personally, when training I always ask myself, "Do I still have room left in me to do better next time?" If the answer is, "No" or "Not likely" then I know I've pushed too hard on that day and will probably hit a wall very soon if I try to keep that pace or level of intensity/effort up. Long term gains have to be coaxed not forced - you simply can't "go to the well" every time without expecting it to run dry.

Having said all that though, feel free to put the majority of your efforts into the first four exercises ...it's what you should do anyway.

Last edited by Casey Butt; 12-21-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Casey Butt is offline   Reply With Quote