Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member
Post Break The Bar Meet Write Up as told by Mr.SB

Write Up*

Saturdays meet came with alot more than I expected yet I am truly blessed to get back in the groove of competing, and sharing in with my Silverback Barbell brothers. Ok here goes as this is my first time doing a write up...

After absolutely been sick as a dog over the last few weeks, I was sure if I would even compete and just opt to help spot and load. I wanted to take my opener and 2nd attempt the Friday before my deload week...didnt happen as I had SBB paperwork to finalize. (Btw thansk to Austin, Fazc, MC and everyone that gave their input!)

The week leading up to the meet was...well anxious to say the least! I did cardio and trained clients while the ironbug nipped at me all week long. No constant sleep leading up to Friday...to make matters worst we had to travel to my inlaws for a Christmas/Birthday party.*

430pm...Leave Beaumont, hungry

530pm...kids singing loudly...wife singing & dancing even louder...getting more hungry

700pm...arrive in Kingwood at inlaws...stuff my face with hors'dourves...been on a low carb intake the last week...carbs taste awesome

100am...finally get home in Beaumont...after robbing McDonalds of their McDoubles and Rockstar energy (bad idea)

547am...wake up to an upset stomach, nerves weren't bad but I was ready to SHW!!!

800am...kids decide to cook breakfast, I passed as I had to be at gym at 900am...ate a pack oatmeal (dry)

930am...arrive at gym...folks show up.

1030am...find out this is a Last Man Standing style meet and we were allotted 2 drops in weight if we missed...this was very interesting. Never done this style of lifting...either way I was mentally psyched to be back under the bar!

We had 3 guys from Silverback Barbell (beaumont) and 1 from the Houston Chapter.*

LW (224 and under):Jeremy M.
MW (225-264): Justin A, Gabe W.
HW (265+): George H (houston)

First lift: 315...smooth and easy
2nd: 365...another easy lift
3rd: 405...got it, but didn't count butt came up and felt tweak in back (mentally this got me because my wife and kids were there for this lift)
1st drop: 375...things got interesting as Justin and I battled back and forth...easy lift
4th lift: 390...Justin hit 380 for his final, so I went with 10lbs more. Solid. We went back and forth and the energy in the room was incredible! Other guy that was left bowed out around 350ish I think...
5th lift: feeling good I went after the HWs! 400!!!....No stopping me now!
Final lift: 420...No good

I was satisfied with the 400 lift it was enough to secure 2nd place, all lifts had to be done with a pause as well...so this was a CRAZY PR!!!! Words can't describe the feeling! But the biggest bench that secured 1st was SBB Houston member George with a 525 bench!!! His attempts went 500,525, 540miss, 550miss...barely, just missed lockout! Jeremy had a family emergency but post a 365 bench at 210 BW!!!

SB Barbell Dominated this meet and it was great to just be among great folks and great energy! 2012 will be a huge year!*

Now I am relaxing and eating everything in sight. We have footage but the guy has to give me the sd card to edit.
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links